[ SIGN UP FOR PHOTOVILLE’S EDUCATION DAY! ]
Thursday, Sept 14, 2017
School Day Session: 10am – 1:30pm; After School Session: 4pm – 6pm
Photoville’s Education Day is a unique art education initiative in its fifth year. The program is designed to give local middle school and high school students an inside look into Photoville, New York City’s premier pop-up photo destination.
Registration for Education Day 2017 is now open! Sign up by Aug 18 to bring your middle school or high school class on a field trip to Photoville for an educational day of photography and storytelling! The program is completely free for NYC students to attend.
[ FIELD TRIP PROGRAMMING ]
1. Artist-led Exhibition Tour
Your students will view and discuss a diverse group of photography exhibitions, ranging in theme from historical to current social justice issues.
2. Peer Photographers Seminar
Your students will hear from local youth photographers participating in photo programs. They will learn how their peers use photography, and how they can get involved in these programs.
3. Teacher Development & Resources
Teachers may participate in a one-day professional development workshop on using photography to teach social studies and language arts. The workshop will take place early October 2017, date TBD. Teachers will also receive a Resource Packet with images and discussion questions to teach in conjunction to Photoville exhibitions.
Completely free for students to attend! You will need to arrange for transportation and for your students to bring a bag lunch.
[ VOLUNTEER ]
- Tour Guides – Each volunteer will have 10 students, ushering them between exhibitions, to youth panels and lunch. We will have an orientation session and you will be interacting with our curators, artists and presenters.
- Youth Photography Panel Assistant
- Check-In Assistant
- Exhibition Floaters
We’re looking for volunteers who:
- Enjoy working with local students, middle school to high school range.
- Are interested in arts education and community art initiatives.
- Want to learn how artists describe their practice to a young audience.
Do you have any special talent or skill that you think Photoville can benefit from? Fill out our volunteer questionnaire and we’ll be in touch soon!