[ FIELD TRIP PROGRAMMING ]
1. Exhibition Tour of Photoville
Led by professional artists and curators, students will view and discuss a diverse group of photography exhibitions ranging in style and subject matter. Students will explore the artists’ processes and discuss strategies for visual storytelling.
2. Youth Photographers Seminar
Young people from local photography programs will give short presentations on their work. Students attending Photoville can see and hear how these young photographers became interested in visual arts, learn about their goals, and find out how to pursue photography for themselves.
3. Photography and Storytelling Lesson Plans
Teachers attending the Photoville education program will receive lesson plans and images to bring back for classroom use. The lessons will draw from the images and ideas students encounter at Photoville.
Photoville is located in Brooklyn Bridge Plaza, on the corners of Water Street and New Dock Street. It is directly under the Brooklyn Bridge in DUMBO and is bordered by Jane’s Carousel and St. Ann’s Warehouse.
Completely free for your students to attend! You will need to arrange for transportation and for your students to bring a bag lunch. We’ll have a full day of activities lined up!
HOW TO REGISTER
Space is limited so registration is first-come, first-served. Please complete the signup form by Aug 18 and we will be in touch to confirm your class’ participation.
SIGN UP FORM
[ YOUTH PHOTOGRAPHY PANELS ]
Featuring: NYU Future Imagemakers Alumni Photographers
Presented by: NYU Future ImagemakersAlumni of NYU Future Imagemakers, a participatory photography project at Tisch School of the Arts, will discuss how photography can be used to reflect on one’s surround...
Featuring: ICP Community Programs Student Photographers
Presented by: International Center of PhotographyCurrent students and alumni from ICP’s Community Programs will share their images and writing, and reflect on the roles that photography plays in fostering self-confi...
[ VOLUNTEER ]
- Tour Guides – Each volunteer will have 10 students, ushering them between exhibitions, to youth panels and lunch. We will have an orientation session and you will be interacting with our curators, artists and presenters.
- Youth Photography Panel Assistant
- Check-In Assistant
- Exhibition Floaters
We’re looking for volunteers who:
- Enjoy working with local students, middle school to high school range.
- Are interested in arts education and community art initiatives.
- Want to learn how artists describe their practice to a young audience.
Do you have any special talent or skill that you think Photoville can benefit from? Fill out our volunteer questionnaire and we’ll be in touch soon!