[ VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR ]
We are looking for a freelance Volunteer Coordinator to work with us to recruit, schedule, train and lead over 100 enthusiastic and experienced Volunteers over the 2 weeks of Photoville 2017 (September 13 – 24) in beautiful Brooklyn Bridge Park under the iconic Brooklyn Bridge starting immediately with a contract end date of October 5, 2017 (flexible for the right candidate)
The Volunteer Coordinator will be working remotely up until Photoville (with the option to work in the United Photo Industries Gallery if desired) and will work closely with the Senior leadership of the Photoville team.
June 30 – October 4, 2017
- Freelance and work remotely between June 30 – September 8, 2017
- Be available to work On Site at Photoville between September 9 – September 27, 2017
- Photoville is Open to the Public between September 13 – 24 with days off between September 18 – 20, 2017
- Freelance and work remotely for wrap up between September 28 – October 4, 2017
An all inclusive Contract Fee will be offered to the right candidate
Duties & Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Recruit over 100 Volunteers for Photoville per schedule and the programming needs between June 30 – August 30, 2017 (United Photo Industries already has a robust list of returning volunteers and people who are excited to join again and we have started the recruitment)
- Serve as primary Photoville contact for festival volunteers
- Develop and Implement the volunteer plan for Photoville 2017 with the Photoville Co-founders and Senior team members
- Schedule Volunteer Assignments accordingly
- Work with the Education Producer in recruiting and scheduling Volunteer Docents for our Education Day reaching over 600 New York City School Students on September 14
- Schedule and lead the Volunteer Orientation Meeting in September
- Work within the Photoville Time Line
- Be present at key Photoville team meetings scheduled throughout the year.
- Work alongside the Operations Manager in Front Of House Set up and Donations (Donations will be solicited by paid employees)
- Be on site whenever Volunteers are assisting and manage accordingly
- Manage the wrap up of the Volunteer Department post-festival
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a collaborative way with a large group of Photography, Event and Festival professionals. This candidate has experience in recruiting and managing volunteers or large groups of people and excels at scheduling and managing.
You are passionate about visual storytelling, education and public art, with a particular interest in working with a diverse group of people enthusiastic in contributing to a free outdoor festival bringing challenging and interesting photography and stories to the public. Key qualities include being organized, creative, flexible, and willing to get your hands dirty and work with the team to make things happen!
Great leadership, interpersonal, event and organization skills.
Please send a resume, cover letter and two references to email@example.com with the subject: Your Name, Photoville Volunteer Coordinator
[ VOLUNTEER ]
If YOU are interested in volunteering at PHOTOVILLE, please fill out our volunteer questionnaire. We’d love to hear from you! Dedicated and passionate volunteers are at the heart and soul of Photoville.
There are many opportunities to share your skills, take part in our community, and be part of this living, breathing photo destination.
What is expected of me as a volunteer?
Volunteers are expected to work a shift of approximately 4-6 hours a day (depending on when you are available). Please note, your commitment to scheduled dates is important.
What can I do as a volunteer?
There are many ways you can volunteer:
- GENERAL VOLUNTEERS: Man the entrances of Photoville and the exhibitions and booths where needed, including the information booth, special installations, and Beer Garden.
- COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS: We will unleash volunteers out into the community to spread the gospel of Photoville, post flyers, and help direct traffic.
- EDUCATION VOLUNTEERS: The Education Program is a one-day field trip to Photoville for a day of photography and storytelling. The program is open to local middle school and high school students (and we are currently accepting registration). Check out more information here.
Are there perks to being a volunteer?
Well of course – and it’s not just the people you’ll meet, the awesome exhibitions, and the fluffy dogs you get to hang out with (including Gilbert)!
Each volunteer will receive:
A food voucher for each work shift
A free Photoville T-shirt, stylishly designed by the inimitable Viktor Koen
Our eternal gratitude for helping us build up this ever-evolving photographic community
[ PARTNER ]
It takes a community to build a village and Photoville is no exception. The success of this unique photography destination lies squarely in its devotion to partnerships, creative collaborations and community spirit.
We are always seeking new ways to engage audiences and get them involved and excited about what we all do in the world of photography. So if you would like to get involved or have a proposal for a creative collaboration that would be a good fit at Photoville, now is the time to get in touch with us!